Saturday, April 16, 2011

Recent Makeup Purchases: MAC and NARS

MAC came out with a new collection on April 7th, the Quite Cute collection. To be honest from the name I personally thought it sounded "quite boring" but I was strolling through Macy's and inevitably end up in the makeup section of the store so I stopped by to see the new collection. There wasn't anything super duper exciting about the new collection, for me at least. I think a lot of the color are dupes of what they've released in previous collections or already have as apart of their permanent collection. I did pick up one product though:

MAC mineralize blush in Miss Behave


close up of the product with flash:


close up of the product without flash:



swatches of the product:



Its not the most interesting or unique product of the collection (well the entire collection was not really THAT unique) but I don't have anything in my collection that is a silver toned highlight powder like the center of this blush so I decided to get it. I think the pinky peach color is quite dupe-able and its very sheer so you have to use a lot of the product to get the color pay off. I personally got it just for the silver toned highlight powder and it retails for $23 USD before taxes so it might be worth it to save your money for something else for some who already has a similar colored blush.

Sephora also had the 15% off sale so I made three separate purchases, two of which were online (which hasn't yet gotten shipped to me) and one of which was in stores. I picked up NARS laguna bronzer and albatross highlight color in stores:

 the outside packaging of NARS is so sleek and sexy, I just love it!


NARS Albatross highlight is on the left and NARS Laguna bronzer is on the right:


NARS albatross highlight close up:


NARS laguna bronzer close up:


swatches of NARS albatross on top and NARS laguna on the bottom:



NARS Albatross highlight color retails for $27 USD before taxes and NARS Laguna bronzer retails for $33 before taxes. I know a lot of people already have these two products in their collection so it might be very exciting but its exciting for me because I don't! The only other NARS product I have is NARS Orgasm blush. I kept putting off purchasing NARS products because they are so expensive but with each year, they only seem to raise the prices. When I saw the 15% off sale, I knew I had to pick these babies up before the prices go up again. NARS Albatross has a really nice velvety texture and the color pigmentation is excellent. Its a very flattering highlight shade without making your face look glittery. NARS Laguna is a universally flattering bronzing shade that is neither too dark nor too fair and not orangey on my fair NC 25/NC 30 skin tone. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...