Monday, May 02, 2011

Review: The Face Shop Seaweed Mask-Truly a Skin Saver

I'm a HUGE fan of face masks but I also want something that goes beyond cute packaging or nifty idea, I want something that works. I ran out of my St. Ives firming clay mask so I needed another mask that would firm and get control blackheads and breakouts. The Face Shop Seaweed Mask does just that, it firms and helps to reduce inflammation in pimples as well as reduce the number of blackheads and whiteheads.


 The mask retails for $13 USD which is quite expensive for a face mask but you only need to use it once or twice a week and so it does last a long time since you only need a little bit each time you use it.


The product is a seaweed green color and it does have a smell to it but nothing unbearable. A lot of sea related products tend to smell bad and I don't think that's the case with this product. You clean your face, pat dry and apply this product and leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse off.


The product is quite wet in the beginning and is more of a lighter color when its wet (I'm rocking it below)


Then when it dries it is considerably dry and turns darker in color so you know its really to be washed off. Wash off with lukewarm water and you will notice a difference in terms of your skin feeling more clean and firm. This mask does leave a powdery residue but nothing you can't remove with some toner. Then apply serums and moisturizers as you normally do. Overall I highly recommend this product because it really works. I noticed my pimples would shrink and blackheads would be fewer. 4 out of 5 stars, I do have to take one star off for the price but still love this product.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...