Monday, June 06, 2011

May Haul: May Showers Me With Lots of Products

Although I was away from the blogging world for a little bit (booo schoool) I wasn't at all away from beauty products. In fact, I stretched the phrase shop until you drop to the maximum. In addition to all the Naruko skincare products I purchased, I also purchased a lot of other additional goodies.

First stop, Sally's Beauty Supply store! They were having a sale on a lot of hair products from coloring systems, shampoos and conditioners to heated styling tools. I've wanted a professional grade straightening iron for awhile now but they are so expensively, retailing generally for a bout $100 USD. I didn't want to pay that much for a product. Sally's had a GVP or their generic version of a CHI straightening iron on sale for $50 USD. I also had a $5 off coupon for being a card member so I got the product for $45 USD before taxes. It came with a free mini hair straightener and most of all its pink and so pretty!


From Ulta, I picked up the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque $3.99 USD before taxes because I was having some major pimple problems in the last month. I also picked up Bye Bye Blemish Drying Lotion for Acne retailing for $9.99 USD before taxes and its suppose to be a dupe of Mario Badescu's drying lotion. Lastly, I caved and picked up the NYX Grow Lash Serum retailing for $23.99 USD before taxes because I just wanted to jump on to the lash enhancing bandwagon.


The Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is a mid-green color and clay-like texture. Smells very minty!


 The NYX Grow Lash Serum has a very skinny wand perfect for reaching the roots of the eyelash. Fingers crossed that it works!



Simply based on appearances this Bye Bye Blemish Drying Lotion does look exactly like the Mario Badescu drying lotion. Haven't tried it yet but hopefully it works well!

From The Face Shop, I picked up more of the Migamsu Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Oil $15 USD before taxes. I love this product and I ran out to I needed more! I also picked up Clean Face White Intensive Blemish Clear Patch $10 USD before taxes. Comes with a set of 50 in the small box and claims to blemish pimples overnight. Haven't used it yet either but hopefully it works. I got a Fresh Fruit Aloe mask for free, it usually retails for $2 USD and some skincare samples.



I was in Diamond Plaza in Rowland Heights, CA (a very Asian area in the San Gabriel Valley) just enjoying pho and boba when I came across this cute little beauty boutique. It carries a lot of various Japanese and Taiwanese beauty product brands such as My Beauty Diary, Shiseido, Koji, Dolly Wink, etc. I picked up some pink hair velcro, 2 pack for $3.99 USD before taxes. I also picked up the Koji Eye Talk Double Eyelid Glue (pink case), it was $10.99 USD before taxes. I LOVE the hair velcro and I'm liking the double eyelid glue so far but haven't gotten the best hang of it yet. 





Beauty Corner
1388 Fullerton Road Suite 107
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
Phone: (626) 581-3300

they accept credit cards, not sure about the return and exchange policy, should probably call to ask.

Lastly, from Target I picked up the Eco Tool Retractabe Kabuki Brush retails for $7.99 USD before taxes as well as the Loreal Revitalift Complete Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Eye Cream retails for $11.99 USD before taxes. I LOVE both these products, reviews will be coming soon!





also from Target, I got these Ardell Brow Trimmers a pack of three for $3.99 and they are seriously the worst products ever! They don't remove any hair and they scratch up your skin! Waste of money!


and I got two gratis products this month one from Origins and another from Shu Uemura.

I had placed an order with Origins last month and for some reason they decided to send me another free cleanser. I had gotten the checks and balances cleanser but now I have the perfect world cleanser as well. I'm not going to complain about free products because its awesome! Not sure how much these generally retail for though.


the Shu Uemura 24k Gold Lash Curler was a limited edition product from Sephora last year and I was never able to get my hands on it. My friend actually decided to gift me her backup because she loved it so much and she knew I couldn't get it anymore. I think this retails for $24 USD before taxes and I haven't tried it yet. I must say though, its so damn pretty!

2 comments:

Mara said...

You weren't kidding this was a huge haul. I use to be a huge Shu uemura lover but they disc and I had to find something similar else where.
:( you're so lucky to have a friend getyou this one...

swtlitocherrie said...

yea I'm pretty sure I have a problem, I can't stop buying beauty products! yikes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...